Greenport Rescue Squad is looking for professional HEROES!
Are you looking to make your community a better place and do work that really helps people? Then join our growing team of professionals! We’re always looking for motivated individuals of all EMT certification levels and availabilities to help us on our mission to keep Columbia County safe. Take the first step toward changing your life and improving the lives of others, apply today!
Greenport Rescue is the largest EMS agency in Columbia County responding to over 6,000 calls per year with a fleet of 9 ambulances. We have a very active Medical Director overseeing our RSI and SCT programs. We provide staff with state-of-the-art equipment including Lifepak 15s, King Vision Video Laryngoscopes, LTV1200 Vents, LUCAS devices, Stryker Powerloads and Stryker Powercots. We also offer the opportunity for our team members to participate in the NYS approved CentreLearn 100% on-line CME program. Weekly Payroll.
The Greenport Rescue Squad, Inc. Board of Directors offers a paramedic scholarship to qualified EMTs employed with Greenport Rescue Squad. Greenport Rescue will pay for 50% of your tuition to a paramedic certificate program. Once you are certified as a Paramedic, online in the REMO region and work as a paramedic for Greenport Rescue Squad we will reimburse the other 50% of your tuition over the next three years. Learn more on becoming a Paramedic at SUNY Cobleskill’s Paramedic Program.
If you have questions, visit our frequently asked questions page for additional information.
All applicants must be at least 21 years old with a Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Positions Immediately Available
Emergency Medical Technician
EMTs perform various patient care activities in the pre-hospital setting, in accordance with established rules and regulations. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid BLS certificate. Please note, this position requires the ability to communicate with and effectively treat patients of all ages. Compensation: $19.01/hr + $3/hr Saturday and Sunday Differential
Paramedics perform various patient care activities in the pre-hospital setting, in accordance with established rules and regulations. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid ALS certificate. Please note, this position requires the ability to communicate with and effectively treat patients of all ages. Compensation: $25.31/hr + $3/hr Weekend Differential
- I'd like to offer my deep and heartfelt appreciation for the services provided for my husband. This was our first brush with "catastrophe", and we are so grateful for the many people who went above and beyond to care for us emotionally and well as physically. While it may be "all in a day's work" for you guys, it's tremendous from our perspective. Thank you.
- To the providers that responded early Tuesday morning. Words can't describe how very grateful I am for your decision to just load and go, not delaying the transport of my wife in any way. . . Your ability to recognize the signs and symptoms of postpartum eclampsia prevented my wife from having an inevitable bleed.
- I would like to thank the gentlemen who transported my wife from Columbia Memorial Hospital to Albany Medical Center, she had nothing but great praise for their professionalism. . . You provide a great service to the community.
- We are new to the area, and my, were we impressed by your professional service.
- It was a scary situation and your guys were great! They took good care of me. Good job!
- I really appreciate the quick care that seriously could have been what saved her life.
- Michael and John were very helpful and acted very professionally while doing their job.
- You guys were all so nice to me.
- My family and I will be forever grateful for your saving me this night. I know you will say, "It's just all in the course of duty," but duty does not require the compassion and sense of caring I felt that night.
- They were competent, professional and caring. We are fortunate to have you serving our community.
- Thank you all for the great response time and excellent care.
- Your prompt attention and care you gave my husband was incredible!
- I was so impressed with your gentle care and concern, you certainly calmed me down! Thank you for doing your jobs so efficiently and considerately - I hope I don't need you again, but if I do I'm sure I'll be fine!
- I felt blessed to be in such competent hands.
- Thanks for your help and professionalism. You made a rough time go easier.
- Thank you Greenport Rescue, I was so upset and nervous when I had to call 911 for my grandson. Once you arrived, everyone was so compassionate and professional. I was truly grateful that while you treated his arm, you continued to talk to me, which was very calming and reassuring.